- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Piazza San Marco
Expert Review of Piazza San Marco
Family Review of Piazza San Marco
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Before any sightseeing, give your family a kid's-eye overview of the city and Piazza San Marco with Kids Go Europe: Treasure Hunt Venice, by Ellen and Marvin Mouchawar. San Marco is the place to start exploring; it's the heart of Venice and location of many of the city's most popular sights--Saint Mark's Basilica, the bell tower, clock tower, and Ducal Palace among others.
- By all accounts the most popular activity here for kids is feeding the pigeons. Or having pigeons perch on them if they indulge in the tourist tradition of placing feed on their heads and arms to entice the pigeons to land. Bags of feed are cheap; plan on buying lots of them. And go early in the morning before the tour busses descend on the Piazza.
- There's so much to see here, but don't exhaust kids trying to see it all in one day. Sit down with your family and make a list of everything you want to see, then prioritize (giving kids a chance to choose, too). If your hotel is near Saint Mark's, you can easily come back on several days.
St. Mark's Square
St. Mark's Square
Parking: 24 hrs
Transportation: San Marco linee 1 - 52 - 82 Actv
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Venice, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Venice, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Venice, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Venice, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.