- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Murano
Expert Review of Murano
Family Review of Murano
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The island of Murano is famous for its Venetian glass. You can watch glassblowers working their artful magic here, making Murano an excellent outing for families. Be aware that there will be sales pitches following demonstrations, but you can ignore them.
- To find glassblowers at work, follow the signs to any of the fornaci, furnaces. Keep young children by the hand when you're near the furnaces--there are sparks and it is hot.
- Murano is easily accessible by public transportation, the vaporetti or water busses. After you see how the glass is blown, you'll have plenty of opportunity near Piazza San Marco and other places to shop for, or at least look at, the finished products. In other words, don't feel compelled to buy glass while at Murano as you may do better elsewhere.
Isola di Murano
Isola di Murano
Parking: 10a-5p Mon-Tue, Thu-Sun; closed Wed
Telephone Number: +39 739586
Transportation: Lines 41/42, DM
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Venice, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Venice, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Venice, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Venice, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.