- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Galleria degli Uffizi
Expert Review of Galleria degli Uffizi
Romance Review of Galleria degli Uffizi
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- When you need a break, go to the rooftop café, which has a balcony overlooking the main piazza and Palazzo Vecchio.
- On most evenings, street performers put on shows by the Uffizi, in front of the Palazzo Vecchio. Bring your after-dinner gelato and enjoy musicians, actors, and other entertainers.
On par with the Louvre, the Metropolitan, and the Vatican, the Uffizi Gallery contains the world's finest works of Renaissance art. Originally the 16th-century offices of the Medici dynasty, these 50-plus rooms now house the family's private (+) More
On par with the Louvre, the Metropolitan, and the Vatican, the Uffizi Gallery contains the world's finest works of Renaissance art. Originally the 16th-century offices of the Medici dynasty, these 50-plus rooms now house the family's private collection of more than 1,500 masterpieces. You'll never get to all of them, but the museum is easily worth several hours. (-) Close
Family Review of Galleria degli Uffizi
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Florence can overwhelm kids with its abundance of art and history, but this is one of the great museums of the world and should be seen. As is true with other touring, the more interesting information kids have about a place the more interesting it will be to them. For example, the buildings were originally built to be offices for a Medici Grand Duke, hence the name.
- If you try to see every great work of Renaissance art here you will overwhelm kids. You could stick to the highlights--Botticelli's Birth of Venus and Raphael's Madonna of the Goldfinch, along with a selection from Fra Angelico, da Vinci, Michelangelo, Rubens, Caravaggio, and others. Keep it short and children will better remember what they did see.
- As with practically every site worth visiting in Florence, this one costs money. Whenever possible, buy tickets for museums online and in advance to avoid lines. The gallery is closed Mondays.
Piazzale degli Uffizi, 6
Piazzale degli Uffizi, 6
Parking: Tu-Su 8:15a-6:50p
Telephone Number: +39 (0)55 238 8651
Fax: +39 (0)55 238 8694
Neighborhood: Historical Center
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Florence, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Florence, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Florence, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Florence, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.