- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Campanile di Giotto (Giotto's Bell Tower)
Expert Review of Campanile di Giotto (Giotto's Bell Tower)
Family Review of Campanile di Giotto (Giotto's Bell Tower)
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- How much climbing can kids do in Florence? A lot. Right by Il Duomo (with its own climbing opportunity), Giotto's Tower was built in the 14th century and rises 85 meters above Florence. It's 414 steps up a dark and narrow stairway, so it's not for claustrophobics (or those with vertigo).
- Before going, read the legend about Giotto drawing a perfect circle freehand to prove his artistic skill to Pope Benedict. Whether it's true or not, it's a story that makes Giotto interesting and human to children.
- As is true with all parts of the cathedral, proper dress is required here--no shorts or short skirts, no bare shoulders or short shirts, and no hats inside. Wear really good shoes to climb. There is an entrance fee.
Piazza del Duomo
Piazza del Duomo
Parking: Daily 8:30am-6:50pm
Price: Admission 6€ ($7.80)
Telephone Number: 055-230-2885
Transportation: Bus: 1, 6, 17, 14, 22, 23, 36, 37, or 71
Price Information: Admission 6€ ($7.80)
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Florence, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Florence, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Florence, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Florence, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.