- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Topkapi Palace
Expert Review of Topkapi Palace
Romance Review of Topkapi Palace
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Beat the crowds by going at 9 a.m., when the palace opens.
- Go to the harem first, since only a limited number of visitors are allowed at one time. When you're done there, continue to the rest of the sights at your leisure.
Built as a residence for sultans, Topkapi Palace was the political center of the Ottoman Empire for 400 years and home to hundreds of wives, concubines, and servants. Today, it's easily worth several hours spent wandering through the courtyards and (+) More
Built as a residence for sultans, Topkapi Palace was the political center of the Ottoman Empire for 400 years and home to hundreds of wives, concubines, and servants. Today, it's easily worth several hours spent wandering through the courtyards and gardens together and marveling at the opulence and architectural splendor of the Ottoman period, from the 1460s to the early 1900s. Be sure to visit the treasury for a peek at the incredible riches on display, such as the bejeweled Topkapi Dagger, huge emeralds, the 86-carat Spoonmaker's Diamond, and a gold-plated throne. (-) Close
Telephone Number: 90 212 512 0480
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Istanbul, Turkey Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Istanbul, Turkey
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Istanbul, Turkey Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Istanbul, Turkey
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.