- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Luxembourg Palace & Gardens
Expert Review of Luxembourg Palace & Gardens
Romance Review of Luxembourg Palace & Gardens
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Sit awhile by the Baroque Medici Fountain, built in 1630, with its sculpture of jealous Polyphemus surprising fabled lovers Acis and Galatea (jealousy never ends well).
- Among the sculptures is Frédéric Bartholdi's first model of the Statue of Liberty, from 1870. Bartholdi's most famous version, standing in New York since 1886, was a gift to the United States from the people of France.
- Luxembourg Palace, at the northern end of the gardens, was once Napoleon's home and now houses the French Senate.
This exquisite 60-acre oasis, created in the 17th century, attracts lovers, students, families, and local workers and residents who come to walk the gracious paths or simply sit. Somewhat formal, the lawns, flower beds, and fountains beg to be (+) More
This exquisite 60-acre oasis, created in the 17th century, attracts lovers, students, families, and local workers and residents who come to walk the gracious paths or simply sit. Somewhat formal, the lawns, flower beds, and fountains beg to be photographed, and shady spots under groves of trees abound. The park is popular not just for its visual elegance but for activities from pony rides and chess to tennis courts. Watching people from all walks of Parisian life, however, may be the most rewarding way to spend time here—in addition to smooching and cuddling, of course. (-) Close
15 Rue de Vaugirard
15 Rue de Vaugirard
Parking: Summer: 7a-an hour before sunset, Winter: 8a-an hour before sunset
Telephone Number: +33 1 4234 2000
Neighborhood: 6th Arrondissement
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Paris, France Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Paris, France
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Paris, France Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Paris, France
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.