LeFleur’s Bluff provides a lush green spot in the heart of urban Jackson. In addition to camping, fishing, picnic spots, and nature trails, the 305-acre park features a nine-hole golf course and a driving range. The park is named for Louis LeFleur, a French-Canadian explorer who established a trading post on the banks of the Pearl River in the late 1700s. The city of Jackson was originally known as "LeFleur’s Bluff." Today Mississippi’s vibrant capital city combines the warmth and charm of its rich cultural heritage with exciting activities and attractions and contemporary lifestyles. Visitors to Jackson discover a diversity of museums, unlimited shopping and dining, an exciting nightlife, and a calendar of events packed with activities to suit every mood.
Lefleur's Bluff is an excellent RV camping facility. There are camp sites and utility hookups, campground bathhouses, and comfort stations. The camp store has restrooms with a deck overlooking Mayes Lake.
Park amenities include a boat ramp, playground, nature trail, swimming pool, a picnic area with barbecue grills, 3 large picnic pavilions and 4 tennis courts. The golf course features 9 holes, a driving range, and a club house containing park offices and a meeting room with rest rooms.
The park offers numerous outdoor activities. Visitors will find boating, fishing, swimming, picnicking, hiking and golfing.
The park is located on I-55, exit 98B (Lakeland Drive), near Jackson, Mississippi.
Mississippi generally has a temperate climate, with cool winters and warm, humid summers. Freezing temperatures are possible in the winter. Thunderstorms and are possible throughout the year but most common in the spring and summer. Tropical storms occasionally strike the coast during the hurricane season.
2140 Riverside Dr.
Jackson, MS 39202
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of LeFleur's Bluff State Park
Parks and Outdoors Review of LeFleur's Bluff State Park
- The campground is situated on the banks of the Pearl River, which is the watery heart of Mississippi. It offers shaded campsites and is nearly surrounded by water.
- A nice trail system here explores the Pearl River and the adjacent bottoms as well as hilly parts of the park. Together the diverse ecosystems offer a large variety for such a small area.
- The Mississippi Museum of Natural History is located on the edge of the park and is a worthy destination of its own. It is the premier natural history repository for the state.
2140 Riverdale Drive
Jackson, Mississippi 39202
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Lefleur's Bluff State Park, MS Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lefleur's Bluff State Park, MS
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lefleur's Bluff State Park, MS Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lefleur's Bluff State Park, MS
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.