Touring the fort and the museum are the main attractions at the site. There are not any outdoor activities offered at this historic site.
Fort King George State Historic Site is located in the Coastal Region of southeastern Georgia. The site is found in Darien, 3 miles east of I-95 off of exit #10.
Georgia has a warm climate, especially in the southern regions of the state. Expect high temperatures and humidity levels during spring and summer months. The area can offer a relatively warm escape for snow-free outdoor recreation during the winter months.
P.O. Box 711
Darien, GA 31305
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Fort King George State Historic Site
Parks and Outdoors Review of Fort King George State Historic Site
- Fort King George was the first English fort built in Georgia. It's original palisaded earthenworks still exist, and the fort's three-story blockhouse has been rebuilt on its original foundation in accordance with old drawings and plans.
- A visit here makes a good sister-visit with one to Fort Frederica. It's a chance to see what Frederica would have looked like before the walls fell.
- At various times of the week, period-costumed interpreters present living history demonstrations, and sometimes reenact battles. Call ahead for a program schedule.
PO Box 711
Fort King George Drive
Darien, Georgia 31305
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Fort King George State Historic Site, GA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Fort King George State Historic Site, GA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Fort King George State Historic Site, GA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Fort King George State Historic Site, GA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.