- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Sherlock Holmes Museum
Expert Review of Sherlock Holmes Museum
Family Review of Sherlock Holmes Museum
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- In May, 1891 Sherlock Holmes confronted his nemesis, Professor Moriarty, at Reichenbach Falls near Meiringen. The Final Problem was to be Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's final Holmes story. The legendary detective met his death at the falls--where Conan Doyle had just visited. It's fitting that the Sherlock Holmes Museum is here. Of course, Holmes wasn't really dead as fans later learned.
- The museum, housed in an old church, features an exact replica of Holmes' famous study at 221B Baker Street, as well as numerous Victorian artifacts and replications of all that Holmes had in that room--violin, jack-knife, and, naturally, his pipe, among others. It's meant to look as if Holmes and Watson have only just left. Outside is a statue of Holmes containing clues to each of the 60 stories.
- You can get a combination ticket for the museum and the funicular to Reichenbach Fall, both places where Holmes fans have visited for years. Before or after your visit, sit down with your kids and read your favorite Sherlock Holmes mystery--the stories of the ever brilliantly deducing sleuth are timeless.
Conan Doyle Place
Conan Doyle Place
Parking: Mon-Sun 1:30pm-6pm; Oct-April Wed and Sun open 4:30pm-6:00pm
Price: adults 4 CHF, children (under 12) 3 CHF
Telephone Number: 41 33 971 41 41
Price Information: adults 4 CHF, children (under 12) 3 CHF
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Swiss Alps, Switzerland Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Swiss Alps, Switzerland Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Swiss Alps, Switzerland
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.