- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Half Moon Bay
Expert Review of Half Moon Bay
Romance Review of Half Moon Bay
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Other dream beaches off the beaten track include Rendezvous Bay, accessed only by boat or long (90-minute) hike from Falmouth; undeveloped Ffryes Bay and Darkwood Beach, both close to the road but curiously overlooked on the way past Jolly Harbour; and Hawksbill Bay, which is actually a quartet of beaches, tied to the hotel of the same name—the fourth just past the hotel is swimsuit optional.
The tourist board claims 365 beaches scallop Antigua's lacy shoreline, one for every day of the year. While that number seems suspiciously convenient, there are indeed more coves than the most industrious couple can tackle on one vacation. Where to (+) More
The tourist board claims 365 beaches scallop Antigua's lacy shoreline, one for every day of the year. While that number seems suspiciously convenient, there are indeed more coves than the most industrious couple can tackle on one vacation. Where to start? Try unfurling your towel at Half Moon Bay, a perfectly named three-quarter-mile-long arc of sand that smiles away on the distant east coast, near Freetown. Set against the ruins of a hurricane-plundered hotel, Half Moon is one of the island's biggest yet least-visited strands, awash with velvety white sand, and often empty but for the marine life percolating along the north end (bring snorkel gear, snacks and water; there are no services here). (-) Close
Telephone Number: 268-462-0480
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.