- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Spencer Spit State Park
Family Review of Spencer Spit State Park
- Campsites are first come, first served, with a limit of three consecutive nights. Call 360.753.5771 to verify fees.
You’ll find plenty of trails for hiking and bird-watching. The spit is also a popular spot for clamdigging and crabbing, the beach is covered with driftwood kids can use for building and digging, and you may see heron around the salt marsh. A restored log cabin and the original Spencer House stand both as picnic shelters and as monuments to the homesteaders that developed the area, while the Indian campsite gives clues about the lives of the area’s original human residents.(-) Close
Beach Review of Spencer Spit State Park
- This Lopez Island park encompasses 138 acres. Located on the island's east side, it's popular for day use and has 37 tent campsites for overnighters.
- Check out the sand spit for which the park is named. It encloses a "saltchuck" lagoon where visitors can see a variety of shorebirds.
- The park is known for excellent crabbing and clamming and has a couple of good trails. It's also a well-known site among scuba divers.
521 A. Bakerview Road
Lopez Island, Washington 98261
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Spencer Spit State Park , WA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Spencer Spit State Park , WA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Spencer Spit State Park , WA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Spencer Spit State Park , WA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.