- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Moonstone Beach
Expert Review of Moonstone Beach
Beach Review of Moonstone Beach
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Instead of sand you'll find smooth pebbles on Moonstone Beach. Lucky finds of jade or moonstone agates aren't common, but worth the search.
- One of the nicest walking areas is on the boardwalk, which connects Moonstone Drive to the Leffingwell Landing boat ramp. It's about three quarters of a mile each way.
- Moonstone is considered a top surfing beach, but it's for experienced surfers only. Bring appropriate gearthe water is icy cold.
Parks and Outdoors Review of Moonstone Beach
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Any time of year is a good time to walk the trail that leads from Leffingwell Landing along the bluffs above Moonstone Beach. The parking lot at Leffingwell Landing is in the middle of the trail, so you can walk out-and-back in either direction, enjoying nonstop coastal views. Occasionally the trail drops down to the beach via wooden staircases. Viewing benches are in place along the blufftops.
- Right below Leffingwell Landing are some extraordinary tide pools. Time your trip for low tide and you'll be able to observe sea stars, urchins, crabs, and other intertidal creatures.
- Moonstone Beach is a popular place for surf fishing, with surf perch being a common catch. Rockhounds can search for moonstones and jade from the mouth of Santa Rosa Creek north to San Simeon.
Telephone Number: 805-927-3624
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- San Simeon Beach State Park, CA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in San Simeon Beach State Park, CA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on San Simeon Beach State Park, CA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in San Simeon Beach State Park, CA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.