- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Onondaga Cave State Park
Expert Review of Onondaga Cave State Park
Parks and Outdoors Review of Onondaga Cave State Park
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Explore some of the above ground features of Onondaga Cave State Park via a 3.5-mile loop hike. Leave the campground on the Deer Run Loop to enter lush woods, passing a closed entrance of Cathedral Cave, one of two caves in this park open for tours. The trail surmounts a ridge, passing through grassy glades while heading for the Meramec River, where more bluff top glades offer inspiring vistas.
- The park campground adds another activity that can be enjoyed at this state park, in addition to paddling and fishing the Meramec River.
- One more thing: the tours offered of Onondaga Cave and Cathedral Cave should not be bypassed. Onondaga Cave is famed for its water created formations, such as columns, stalactites and stalagmites, with named features like King’s Canopy and The Twins.
7556 Hwy. H
7556 Hwy. H
Telephone Number: 573-245-6576
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Meramec State Park, MO Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Meramec State Park, MO
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Meramec State Park, MO Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Meramec State Park, MO
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.