- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Mackinac Island State Park
Family Review of Mackinac Island State Park
- Traveling with a disabled person? Check the park's website, http://www.mackinacparks.com/mackinac-island-state-park/, for detailed information about accessible entrances, trails, and exhibits. Wheelchair-accessible trails and entrances are also great for navigating strollers.
- Stop in the Visitor's Center, open early-May to mid-October, for maps and other information before you hit the trails.
- If you're pushing a stroller or wheelchair or trying to navigate with little ones on bikes, and you want to visit the bluff area of the Island, try Mission Hill, near Mission Point Resort, or Grand Hill on Cadotte Avenue. Fort Hill is very steep.
Michigan's shortest highway, M-185, wraps around the island; and since there are no cars to compete with, it's a safe and easy road for navigating with a stroller or kids on bikes.
The park is open year-round, 24/7, and is especially beautiful and serene in the winter, with groomed trails perfect for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing—though getting to the island in the off-season can require a bit of extra planning.(-) Close
P.O. Box 370
Mackinac Island, Michigan 49757
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Mackinac Island State Park, MI Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Mackinac Island State Park, MI
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Mackinac Island State Park, MI Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Mackinac Island State Park, MI
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.