Lonesome Lake Trail begins in the southern most parking lot of Lafayette Campground which is near the heart of Franconia Notch State Park. The trail travels by Lonesome Lake offering an opportunity to hike around the lake on Lonesome Lake Trail then continuing northbound to Kinsman Ridge Trail. From the trailhead over to the lake, the route is along an old bridle path which is wide and level. Beyond the lake, the path narrows and has an uphill grade. Note: Hi-Cannon Trail intersects off Lonesome Lake Trail and runs up to Kinsman Ridge Trail. These two trails may be combined to create a long-distance circuit hike.
Directions: From Lincoln or Franconia, NH, This trail is located in the southern most parking area of Lafayette Campground which is located on I-93 about midway between the towns of Lincoln and Franconia.
Elevation: 3,400 feet
Elevation Gain: 1,500 feet
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Lonesome Lake Trail
Parks and Outdoors Review of Lonesome Lake Trail
- Enjoy watery features, as in streams and a lake, as well as the high country on this path that crests out on Cannon Mountain.
- Make Franconia Notch State Park your base camp for this trail that leads from Lafayette campground.
- It is a 1000-foot climb to Lonesome Lake, and another 1,400 feet to the top of Cannon Mountain. See a variety of environments along the way.
Franconia Notch State Park, New Hampshire
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Franconia Notch State Park, NH Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Franconia Notch State Park, NH
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Franconia Notch State Park, NH Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Franconia Notch State Park, NH
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.