West Bluff Trail - Red is an asphalt paved path of moderate difficulty. Stone steps ease the south end ascent. The north end ascent is not as steep but remains a challenge for the average hiker. Rewards of the trail include fabulous views of the lake and park.
Directions: From Baraboo, WI, Travel I-90 / 94 to exit 92, Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells. Take US 12 about 9 miles. Turn left (east) on Hwy. 159. Proceed 1.5 miles. Turn right (south) on Hwy. 123 and proceed 0.5 mile. Cross County DL and proceed on park road. Visitor information areas are located off South Shore Road and South Lake Drive. West Bluff Trail access is from the North Shore parking area or a small lot on South Lake Drive (southwest corner of lake).
Distance: 1.5 miles
- Be the first to Review
Review of West Bluff Trail - Red
Family Review of West Bluff Trail - Red
- Hook up with the Tumbled Rocks Trail for a return leg along the western shoreline of Devil's Lake, or continue round the lake to connect with the East Bluff Trail for a fuller day (not recommended for younger hikers). A refreshing dip at the beach on the north shore awaits.
- Devil's Lake State Park offers three campgrounds totaling 407 sites, though reserve early because the park gets busy in summer. A beach, nature trails, and easy access to 30 miles of hiking and biking trails make it an ideal family camping spot.
Devil's Lake State Park, Wisconsin
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Devil's Lake State Park, WI Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Devil's Lake State Park, WI
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Devil's Lake State Park, WI Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Devil's Lake State Park, WI
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.