Dash Point has a 10 unit group camp, 110 campsites, 28 trailer hookups which are equipped with electricity and water, and four vault toilets. There are five comfort stations, 71 picnic tables, one fire pit, a trailer dump station and two covered shelters (one at the beach and one at the picnic area). Dash Point is on the Campsite Reservation System.
Camping, picnicking, fishing, hiking, beachcombing, unguarded swimming, and marine life study are popular park activities. Clamming is not recommended.
Dash Point State Park is located in Pierce and King Counties at 5700 SW Dash Point Road, on Highway 509, Federal Way, Washington.
The low rolling hills and sheltered inland salt water that make up the Puget Sound basin produce a mild, marine climate characterized by wintertime clouds, rain, and sometimes a light snow, but lots of summertime sunshine.
Maximum winter temperatures are in the mid- to high 40s with minimum temperatures in the mid 30s. Summers are warm with maximum and minimum temperatures in the mid 70s and low 50s, respectively. This area averages 51 inches of precipitation per year.
5700 S.W. Dash Point Rd.
Federal Way, WA 98023
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Dash Point State Park
Beach Review of Dash Point State Park
- The state park, just six miles north of Tacoma, includes 398 acres and more than 3,000 feet of shoreline along Puget Sound. At low tide the flat, sandy beach can be as much as 1,000 feet wide.
- This is a good place to take canoes and kayaks or other small boats that don't require a full-on launch to get in the water, and sailboarders like this spot, too.
- Dash Point is popular for fishing, swimming, bird watching, and beachcombing. It's also popular with walkers and mountain bikers who use its 11 miles of trails. Facilities include restrooms.
5700 Southwest Dash Point Road
Federal Way, Washington 98002
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Dash Point State Park , WA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Dash Point State Park , WA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Dash Point State Park , WA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Dash Point State Park , WA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.