- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Andrew Molera State Park Beach
Expert Review of Andrew Molera State Park Beach
Beach Review of Andrew Molera State Park Beach
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Twenty-one miles south of Carmel, the beach at Andrew Molera State Park is very popular with surfers, in part because it's not as windy as some other surfing beaches on this coast (which is not to say it's not windy) and it's rarely crowded.
- In addition to surfing, the park is known for tons of hiking trails, some right near the beach, and the beach itself is a good one for beachcombing (but it's a state park so you shouldn't take anything away with you).
- With (a little) less wind and nice swells, this is a good choice for surfers of all abilities, including novices. Go in the morning for the best conditions.
Parks and Outdoors Review of Andrew Molera State Park Beach
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Not far from the crowds of Carmel lies a scenic stretch of parkland with coastal bluffs and windswept beaches for you to carve out your own slice of coastal paradise. Most visitors at Andrew Molera State Park Beach are concentrated at the park campground or Molera Point, a coastal promontory that is a prime spot for watching whales and dolphins. The park's more remote beaches are often deserted.
- For a short out-and-back hike, head down to Molera Beach and then travel the Bluffs Trail as far as you wish. An eight-mile tour of the entire park is possible on River Trail, Hidden Trail, Ridge Trail, Panorama Trail, and Bluffs Trail. If you follow the loop, be sure to take the short cutoff onto Spring Trail to an exquisite stretch of driftwood-laden beach. Some people try surf fishing here.
- Most trails in Andrew Molera require crossing the Big Sur River. This is an easy feat in summer, when a footbridge is in place, but an ice-cold proposition in the winter months, when you must take off your shoes and socks and cross by ford.
Parking: 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset
Telephone Number: 831-667-2315
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Andrew Molera State Park, CA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Andrew Molera State Park, CA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Andrew Molera State Park, CA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Andrew Molera State Park, CA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.