- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Ngorongoro Crater
Expert Review of Ngorongoro Crater
Romance Review of Ngorongoro Crater
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- While Ngorongoro Crater's mammals are the big draw, saline Lake Magadi seduces lesser and greater flamingos by the thousands, creating a shimmering pink blanket across patches of the crater floor.
- Allow a full day to explore the nearly flat crater floor. Arrive by 7 a.m., when the gates open, and you'll likely have spectacular animal encounters all to yourself.
The largest unbroken caldera in the world, Ngorongoro Crater rewards its visitors with both an awesome geological wonder and a splendid game drive. Up to 25,000 mammals live here, including bull elephants, cheetahs, black rhinos, zebras, and (+) More
The largest unbroken caldera in the world, Ngorongoro Crater rewards its visitors with both an awesome geological wonder and a splendid game drive. Up to 25,000 mammals live here, including bull elephants, cheetahs, black rhinos, zebras, and wildebeests. In addition to the fabulous wildlife concentration, the enormous bowl of the extinct crater has steep, 2,000-foot-high walls that hinder migration in and out, resulting in unusual behavioral activity. Hyenas are so abundant that, rather than taking on the traditional role of scavenger, they are confident predators. By contrast, Ngorongoro is the only place in Africa where lions scavenge for food. With its cool mountain air and sweeping vistas, Ngorongoro adds up to Tanzania's showpiece attraction, a totally unique World Heritage Site that leaves its visitors awestruck. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Serengeti Plain, Tanzania Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Serengeti Plain, Tanzania
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Serengeti Plain, Tanzania Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Serengeti Plain, Tanzania
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.