- Be the first to Review
Your rating for San Juan Island National Historical Park
Expert Review of San Juan Island National Historical Park
Beach Review of San Juan Island National Historical Park
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- This is a multi-dimensional park that tells the story of these islands in a unique way. It includes two separate units: English Camp, where the English military set up, and American Camp, where American forces were located.
- In addition to the famous Pig War (a land dispute between the British and Americans), the military posted here became famous in other wars: Pickett in the Civil War, and Forsyth at Wounded Knee. To learn more, visit with the re-enactors at English Camp many weekends and at the notable annual Encampment each summer.
- Grandma's Cove, South Beach, Fourth of July Beach/Old Town Lagoon, and Garrison Bay are among the park's great natural features. Visitors can hike, go shelling, and launch boats or kayaks at both English Camp and American Camp. Beaches are gravel, so shoes are a must. You might see whales from some beaches.
Telephone Number: 360-378-2902
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- San Juan Islands, WA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in San Juan Islands, WA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on San Juan Islands, WA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in San Juan Islands, WA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.