The Wolf Creek Hike takes you into the Carson-Iceberg Wilderness. Leaving from Wolf Creek Meadow parking area, the trail follows the creek. At around five miles you'll come to the junction of the Bull Canyon Trail. This trail departs to the right and climbs steeply to the west, leaving you to Bull Lake.
At around six miles along the Wolf Creek Trail you will find the Murray Canyon Trail departing to the left. This trail will lead you to the E. Carson River Trail. If you continue to the right, you will find yourself on the Elder Creek Trail which will lead you eventually to the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT). Asa Lake is a short distance north along the PCT.
* Always carry drinking water.
* Hike in single file to keep trails narrow and wild.
* Prevent erosion, follow the trail and do NOT cut switchbacks.
* Keep trails clean, pack out ALL paper and trash.
* Protect plants and wildlife.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
Directions: From Markleeville, Drive south on Highway 4 to the Centerville Flat, then next left on Wolf Creek Road to the Wolf Creek Meadows. At the south end of the meadows is the trailhead for Wolf Creek Trail. At the trailhead you will be able to self-register for overnight use of the wilderness.Driving time from Carson City is usually under an hour.
Elevation: 6,240 feet
- Be the first to Review
Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Nevada
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Lake Tahoe, NV Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lake Tahoe, NV
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lake Tahoe, NV Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lake Tahoe, NV
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.