The trail follows the stream from the campground so there is no concern about losing your way if you get off the most used portion. Also, trees provide shade and the river is always nearby. There are several small waterfalls along the way.
* Always carry drinking water.
* Hike in single file to keep trails narrow and wild.
* Prevent erosion, follow the trail and do NOT cut switchbacks.
* Keep trails clean, pack out ALL paper and trash.
* Protect plants and wildlife.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
Directions: From Markleeville, Head west along Hot Spring's Road towards Grover's Hot Springs State Park. In about 3 miles look to your right for a sign which reads "Charity Valley". Parking is available here, or if you wish to shorten the hiking distance enter Grover's Hot Springs State Park (there is a day use fee) and follow the entrance road until it dead ends at an overflow parking area. This trailhead also leads to the longer and steeper Burnside Lake Trail and to Charity Valley.Driving time from Carson City is under an hour.
Elevation: 5,700 feet
Ending Elevation: 6,000 feet
Elevation Gain: 300 feet
- Be the first to Review
Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Nevada
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Lake Tahoe, NV Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lake Tahoe, NV
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lake Tahoe, NV Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lake Tahoe, NV
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.