The Burnside Lake Hike begins by following the trail marked Charity Valley. After about 11/2 easy miles through the woods, the Charity Valley Trail switch backs steeply before coming to a fork where the Burnside Lake Trail begins. The hill is south facing, so is especially nice in spring and fall. It can be hot in summer.
A consideration for this hike is that Burnside Lake can be reached by four-wheel drive vehicles from Highway 88.
* Always carry drinking water.
* Hike in single file to keep trails narrow and wild.
* Prevent erosion, follow the trail and do NOT cut switch backs.
* Keep trails clean, pack out ALL paper and trash.
* Protect plants and wildlife.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
Directions: From Markleeville, Travel west along Hot Springs Road toward Grover's Hot Springs State Park. In about 3 miles look to your right for a sign which reads "Charity Valley". Parking is available here, or if you wish to shorten the hiking distance by one mile each way, enter Grover's Hot Springs State Park (there is a day use fee) and follow the entrance road until it dead ends at an overflow parking area. This well signed area is where the trail begins.Driving time from Carson City is around under an hour.
Elevation: 5,700 feet
Ending Elevation: 8,160 feet
Elevation Gain: 3,540 feet
- Be the first to Review
Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Nevada
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Lake Tahoe, NV Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lake Tahoe, NV
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lake Tahoe, NV Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lake Tahoe, NV
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.