- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Tangier Island Water Trails
Review of Tangier Island Water Trails
Active and Adventure Review of Tangier Island Water Trails
Editor Tips & Helpful Hints
- Look out for stingrays in the shallow waters around Cod Harbor, part of the Orange Trail that leads through the island's Main Gut and out into the Chesapeake Bay marshes.
- Other great paddling options include eight-square-mile Martin National Wildlife Refuge on Smith Island, north of Tangier, where one of the largest groups of East Coast great blue herons nests. The paddle between Tangier and Smith islands is also a rewarding day trip (plan about six hours for the seven-mile leg).
- REI Adventures (www.rei.com/adventures) offers a four-day "Island hopping Chesapeake Bay" sea-kayaking trip, which takes in the marshes and channels around Smith and Tangiers, secluded sandbar camping, and a night at Hilda Crockett's B&B (hearty dinner and breakfast included).
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Tangier Island, VA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Tangier Island, VA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Tangier Island, VA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Tangier Island, VA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.