- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Pamlico Sound
Expert Review of Pamlico Sound
Active and Adventure Review of Pamlico Sound
Editor Tips & Helpful Hints
- Paddle through the tidal marshes surrounding Ocracoke Island, the same spot where Blackbeard went to his watery grave in 1718. Ocracoke is a mellow OBX outpost, with a quaint village center, quiet beach camping, and America's top-rated beach according to Dr. Beach.
- Sail a section of the massive Intracoastal Waterway, a commercial and recreational waterway that spans the country's Eastern Seaboard. Large commercial vessels are obstructed by the shallower water of Pamlico Sound, making it a fun place to sail in peace. The small harbor of Washington, on the mainland across from the Outer Banks, is an interesting and accessible spot from which to launch.
- Real Kiteboarding, the world's largest kiteboarding outfitter, will take you from starter waves to monster air in a short three days.
Beach Review of Pamlico Sound
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- A great windsurfing spot due to its wide expanse of shallow water.
Telephone Number: (877) 629-4386
Fax: (252) 473-5777
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Engelhard, NC Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Engelhard, NC
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Engelhard, NC Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Engelhard, NC
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.