- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Wellington Botanic Garden
Expert Review of Wellington Botanic Garden
Family Review of Wellington Botanic Garden
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The most fun way to reach the gardens is on the cable car. Cable cars leave from Cable Car Lane off Lambton Quay every 10 minutes.
- Wellington Botanic Garden is at its most colorful in spring, when more than 25,000 tulips are in full bloom, and summer.
An oasis at the heart of the city, Wellington Botanic Garden is a perennial favorite with local families who come to enjoy tranquil walks among 25 hectares of indigenous and introduced flora. Highlights include native forest, towering redwood trees, (+) More
An oasis at the heart of the city, Wellington Botanic Garden is a perennial favorite with local families who come to enjoy tranquil walks among 25 hectares of indigenous and introduced flora. Highlights include native forest, towering redwood trees, begonias, orchids, lily ponds, magnolias, and rock and rose gardens. There is more to entertain your children, though, than pleasant walks and the temperate Begonia House. The playground caters to older kids with double slides, the flying-fox swing, and other daredevil equipment, while younger children have their own fenced-off area. The duck pond and outdoor sculptures provide other simple pleasures. Kids will also love the Carter Observatory, which features a spectacular digital planetarium. (-) Close
Parking: Garden is open from dawn to dusk
Telephone Number: (04) 499 1400
Price Information: Free
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lower Hutt, New Zealand Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lower Hutt, New Zealand Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.