- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Te Papa Tongarewa/Museum of New Zealand
Expert Review of Te Papa Tongarewa/Museum of New Zealand
Family Review of Te Papa Tongarewa/Museum of New Zealand
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- First-time visitors should take a look at the "plan your visit" section of the museum's Web site. It has a list of unmissable exhibits.
- Families with limited time can join a 60-minute guided tour.
- The museum is open seven days a week and entrance is free, although there may be a charge for some temporary exhibitions.
If you only visit one museum during your New Zealand vacation, make it this one. Known universally as Te Papa, the Museum of New Zealand takes a fun and interactive approach to teaching you all about the country and its art, history, culture, and (+) More
If you only visit one museum during your New Zealand vacation, make it this one. Known universally as Te Papa, the Museum of New Zealand takes a fun and interactive approach to teaching you all about the country and its art, history, culture, and people. Efforts to engage younger visitors have really paid off, and your kids will love the hands-on discovery centers, special events that coincide with the New Zealand school holidays and, if they're aged 12 months to five years, the magical storytelling sessions that take place several times throughout the day. Te Papa's four discovery centers provide an educational and fun introduction to Maori culture—children can have a go at cloak weaving, play traditional rhythm sticks, or compose their own Maori greeting. They also allow children explore their creative side, take a journey through the natural world, and learn more about the Pacific Island nations as a whole. A highlight for older children might be the simulator rides in the fantastic OurSpace exhibition. The deep-sea vehicle simulator takes you underwater in search of erupting volcanoes, while the High Ride will get your heart pumping as you experience simulated extreme sports and the like. (-) Close
55 Cable Street
55 Cable Street
Telephone Number: 64 (0)4 381 7000
Fax: 64 (0)4 381 7070
Price Information: Free
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lower Hutt, New Zealand Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lower Hutt, New Zealand Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lower Hutt, New Zealand
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.