- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Butler's Swim With Dolphins
Expert Review of Butler's Swim With Dolphins
Family Review of Butler's Swim With Dolphins
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Staff will help parents decide whether younger children should go into the water (depending on conditions that day) and help youngsters who are keen to go in use the swim bar. Even if they don't enter the water, little ones will still love the great view they get from the boat.
- The company is so confident that you will see dolphins or whales during your cruise that they offer a free repeat trip to any families who are disappointed.
- A typical trip starts at 8:30 a.m. and finishes after 3:30 p.m. During this time, opportunities to interact with dolphins are usually numerous. Picnic lunches (bring your own food and cold drinks) are generally enjoyed on board close to an offshore island so that families can swim and snorkel when they're done.
Swimming with dolphins in their natural marine environment is high on the wish lists of many who visit New Zealand. Tauranga is a good place to fulfill this ambition, as the Bay of Plenty is frequented by large pods of dolphins. With more than a (+) More
Swimming with dolphins in their natural marine environment is high on the wish lists of many who visit New Zealand. Tauranga is a good place to fulfill this ambition, as the Bay of Plenty is frequented by large pods of dolphins. With more than a decade of experience, the skipper of the Gemini Galaxsea, Butler, is a good choice of guide. Family members who want to get in the water with the dolphins can either free-swim and snorkel with them or make use of the boat's swim bar (particularly useful when the dolphins are moving fast). Pod size varies considerably: With common dolphins, it can range from ten to 200, while for bottlenose dolphins, ten to 30 is more usual. Once they have arrived near the boat, though, both types of dolphins tend to stay for about an hour, providing plenty of photo and swimming opportunities. Other wildlife that passengers may well spot from Gemini Galaxsea includes orcas, pilot whales, little blue penguins, and various seabirds. (-) Close
Tauranga Dolphin Comapny
Tauranga Dolphin Comapny
Telephone Number: 64 7 578 3197
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Tauranga, New Zealand Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Tauranga, New Zealand
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Tauranga, New Zealand Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Tauranga, New Zealand
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.