- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Shakespeare
Expert Review of Shakespeare
Active and Adventure Review of Shakespeare
Active and AdventureExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- This ghost town just outside Lordsburg (The Ringo Kid/John Wayne's destination in the John Ford classic "Stagecoach") was once home to 3,000 people, who roamed its streets and hotels, bars and brothels, and lived in tents, adobe houses, and tiny hotel rooms.
- The town has been reconstructed and features tours of the old buildings, including the Stratford Hotel, where the Billy the Kid reportedly once worked as a dishwasher.
- Although a National Historic Site, the town is privately owned, and tours are infrequent, usually one or two weekends a month. More information at www.shakespeareghostown.com.
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Silver City, NM Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Silver City, NM
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Silver City, NM Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Silver City, NM
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.