Locate within the Mt. Rose Wilderness Area, this nine mile trail begins in the Galena Creek Regional Park and / or Whites Creek Canyon. The trail takes you into the upper portions of Jones Creek and Whites Creek Canyon. The western portion of the loop is within the Mt Rosa Wilderness. The ridge out of Jones Creek near Church's Pond offers some very nice views. A Wilderness permit is required for overnight use.
* Always carry drinking water.
* Hike in single file to keep trails narrow and wild.
* Prevent erosion, follow the trail and do NOT cut switch backs.
* Keep trails clean, pack out ALL paper and trash.
* Protect plants and wildlife.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
Directions: From Crystal Bay, Take Highway 431 (Mt. Rose Highway) north until the Galena Creek Rehional Park.
Elevation: 6,000 feet
Ending Elevation: 8,200 feet
Elevation Gain: 2,200 feet
- Be the first to Review
Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Nevada
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Virginia City, NV Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Virginia City, NV
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Virginia City, NV Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Virginia City, NV
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.