Located just northeast of Lake Tahoe and Incline Village within the Mt. Rose Wilderness Area, the trailhead for this easy to strenuous trail can be found off Highway 431.
The six mile hike to the summit of Mt. Rose begins along a dirt road which climbs to 9,400 feet. Follow the dirt road for three miles through a lodgepole cloaked forest interspersed with mules ears and sagebrush. In the spring, a lush meadow at the halfway point us filled with lupine, paintbrush and larkspur. After three miles along the dirt road, a trail takes you to the top of Mt. Rose at 10,776 feet. The last two miles follow slippery switchbacks to the ridge line. The summit offers a spectacular view of Lake Tahoe and Reno and even as far as Mt. Shasta on clear days. Permits are required for overnight use.
* Always carry drinking water.
* Hike in single file to keep trails narrow and wild.
* Prevent erosion, follow the trail and do NOT cut switch backs.
* Keep trails clean, pack out ALL paper and trash.
* Protect plants and wildlife.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
Directions: From Incline Village, Travel north along Highway 431 (Mt. Rose Highway) until the Mt. Rose Rose Campground. The trailhead is about 1 mile from Mt. Rose Summit.
Elevation: 8,800 feet
Ending Elevation: 10,776 feet
Elevation Gain: 1,976 feet
- Be the first to Review
Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Nevada
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Virginia City, NV Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Virginia City, NV
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Virginia City, NV Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Virginia City, NV
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.