One trailhead is at Davis Creek Regional Park off Highway 395 in Washoe Valley. The other trailhead is six miles away at the west end of Tahoe Meadows along Highway 431. Taking the trail from Davis Creek can lead you to Rock Lake or past the remains of Upper and Lower Price Lake (destroyed by a landslide) and on to Tahoe Meadows. If you prefer a downhill hike, arrange to leave a vehicle at Davis Creek Regional Park and have someone drop you off at the upper trailhead.
* Always carry drinking water.
* Hike in single file to keep trails narrow and wild.
* Prevent erosion, follow the trail and do NOT cut switch backs.
* Keep trails clean, pack out ALL paper and trash.
* Protect plants and wildlife.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
Directions: From Crystal Bay, Take Highway 431 north to the west end of Tahoe Meadows. This will lead you to the Ophir section of the trail. Alternatively you can travel along Highway 395 to the Davis Creek regional Park.
Elevation: 5,300 feet
Ending Elevation: 8,600 feet
Elevation Gain: 3,300 feet
- Be the first to Review
Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Nevada
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Virginia City, NV Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Virginia City, NV
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Virginia City, NV Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Virginia City, NV
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.