Just over one mile in length and accessible by wheelchairs, the whole access trail offers an opportunity to experience a high elevation meadow. Interpretive exhibits along the way help to guide you on your journey.
The small tributaries that cross the meadow offer opportunities to view brown trout darting up and down the narrow, but deep channels. There are a variety of bird species that challenge avid bird watchers abilities to identify these winged creatures as they fly through the forest canopy. This trail was constructed by the telephone pioneers of America, Nevada Chapter, under a partnership between the U.S. Forest Service District and the Tahoe Rim Trail Association.
* Always carry drinking water.
* Hike in single file to keep trails narrow and wild.
* Prevent erosion, follow the trail and do NOT cut switch backs.
* Keep trails clean, pack out ALL paper and trash.
* Protect plants and wildlife.
LEAVE NO TRACE!
Directions: From Crystal Bay, Take Highway 431 north.
Elevation: 8,600 feet
- Be the first to Review
Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, Nevada
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Carson City, NV Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Carson City, NV
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Carson City, NV Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Carson City, NV
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.