- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Xcalak
Expert Review of Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Xcalak
Family Review of Parque Nacional Arrecifes de Xcalak
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Dive shops usually include the park fee in rates, and hotels sometimes sell "wristband permits" to guests who snorkel from shore (regulations change so ask at your hotel how fees are being paid during your visit).
This national park, established in 2003, is approximately 17,949,456 hectares (some 44,000 acres) and extends to the Belize border, with protected areas including both land and water. Birds, plants, and marine life are the draw. Among the animals (+) More
This national park, established in 2003, is approximately 17,949,456 hectares (some 44,000 acres) and extends to the Belize border, with protected areas including both land and water. Birds, plants, and marine life are the draw. Among the animals represented here: iguanas, geckos, crocodiles, boas, frigate birds, pelicans, and cormorants, to name just a few. Even jaguars and ocelots might be spotted. The main coral reef, part of the Great Maya Reef and the second largest barrier reef in the world, is just 100 to 200 yards offshore. There are small reefs even closer. All divers, snorkelers, kayakers, and anglers must pay a small entrance fee each day. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Xcalak, Mexico Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Xcalak, Mexico
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Xcalak, Mexico Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Xcalak, Mexico
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.