- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Yal Ku Lagoon
Review of Yal Ku Lagoon
Parks and Outdoors Review of Yal Ku Lagoon
Editor Tips & Helpful Hints
- Put biodegradable sunscreen on your back. Due to the profusion of marine life in the lagoon, only eco-friendly sunscreens are allowed. And under the hot Mexican sun, your back will punish you for not wearing it.
This natural lagoon is one of the best places to swim with the fish. Located in the quaint beach town of Akumal, about 30 minutes south of Playa del Carmen, Yal Ku is a shallow rock basin located where underground freshwater rivers meet the open (+) More
This natural lagoon is one of the best places to swim with the fish. Located in the quaint beach town of Akumal, about 30 minutes south of Playa del Carmen, Yal Ku is a shallow rock basin located where underground freshwater rivers meet the open ocean. Like the wildlife in Yellowstone National Park, the fish here—from colorful schools of clown fish to pencil-thin silverfish#8212;are so used to humans that you can swim right up, and even touch them if you're quick. Kids will love all the swim-throughs in the rocks, and parents will appreciate the shady gardens and palapa huts along the side for picnicking and rest. (-) Close
Parking: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Price: $6 adults, $3 children under 12
Price Information: $6 adults, $3 children under 12
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Akumal, Mexico Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Akumal, Mexico
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Akumal, Mexico Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Akumal, Mexico
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.