- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Playa Las Gatas
Expert Review of Playa Las Gatas
Family Review of Playa Las Gatas
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Take a water taxi from the main pier in Zihuatanejo to Las Gatas, which is not accessible by land. You'll be standing in line with a mix of tourists and Mexican families, especially on the weekends, which can be a nice cultural experience. For quieter times, go mid-week.
- No need to bring your own snorkel gear. Shops and stalls on the beach have gear for all ages and the prices are decent. Alas, you won't see the small whiskered sharks for which the beach is named as they have disappeared from this area.
- While a small reef protects the water here and keeps it calm, look out for sea urchins.
Beach Review of Playa Las Gatas
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Located at the southern end of the bay, Playa Las Gatas is reached by water taxi.
- Be careful of sea urchinsthis area is known for them.
- Legend has it that the reef was built by a king to protect the water.
Telephone Number: 755-553-1270
Transportation: Water taxis run all day from the Municipal Pier in downtown Zihuatanejo. Round trip is about $5 US.
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Zihuatanejo, Mexico Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Zihuatanejo, Mexico Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.