- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Walkabout Trail
Expert Review of Walkabout Trail
Parks and Outdoors Review of Walkabout Trail
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Take a walk on the trail, located at Casimir Pulaski Memorial State Park and George Washington Memorial State Forest. The park is small, but the state forest is in excess of 4,000 acres nestled against the Connecticut border.
- The trail is mostly level and it passes through wetlands. Bordered with the Atlantic white cedar the trail makes a big loop, but you can shortcut the loop as well. Bowdish Reservoir is the watery centerpiece, and smaller ponds add to the wildlife possibilities. Unusual peak islands support black spruce and bog plants.
- The Walkabout Trail is the backbone of an 11-mile network of paths open to hikers and mountain bikers. Consider using the Bowdish Lake camping area as a base for exploring the path. It has 45 shaded campsites with water spigots and restrooms.
U.S. Rte. 44
U.S. Rte. 44
Price: $4 admission fee
Price Information: $4 admission fee
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Sturbridge, MA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Sturbridge, MA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Sturbridge, MA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Sturbridge, MA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.