It is a land of parabolic sand dunes, 19th-century lighthouses, shipwrecks, pilgrims, and wading plovers. The Highland cliffs tower more than 100 feet above the Atlantic, where surf casters battle with bluefish in the waves that pound the shore. Take off your shoes and wade barefoot in the calm waters of Pleasant Bay as fiddler crabs scurry over your toes.
There are some 365 freshwater kettle ponds on Cape Cod created by giant blocks of ice left by the last Ice Age. These ponds now nourish Cape Cod's abundant freshwater marshes, and along with saltwater marshes, serve as oases for waterfowl and shorebirds. These marshlands shelter swampy forests of red maple and white cedar that are best explored by kayak and canoe.
You can easily fly into Hyannis and Provincetown on regularly scheduled daily flights from Boston. The Plymouth and Brockton Street Railway provides daily runs from Boston to Hyannis and the Outer Cape (Provincetown).
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Cape Cod National Seashore
Family Review of Cape Cod National Seashore
- Go to the Salt Pond Visitors Center in Eastham.
- Then take the bike trail to Nauset Light Beach.
- Check out the dunes at Truro's Longnook Beach.
Beach Review of Cape Cod National Seashore
- Park entrance fees are $15 per person.
- Bike there if you can. Fees for bikes are $3 and fees for cars are $15.
Marconi Site Road
Wellfleet, Massachusetts 02667
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Eastham, MA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Eastham, MA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Eastham, MA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Eastham, MA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.