- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of The Atchafalaya Experience
Family Review of The Atchafalaya Experience
- Louisiana's swamps can be hot and buggy. Wear sun protection and insect spray.
- You can't rush the swamp. Make sure to leave extra time in your day in case the tour runs longer than you'd anticipated.
Many never get closer to the gators, water critters, and exotic birds of Louisiana’s swamps than a movie screen. But those who embark on The Atchafalaya Experience swamp tours get to experience those wetlands up close with a tour of the(+) More
Many never get closer to the gators, water critters, and exotic birds of Louisiana’s swamps than a movie screen. But those who embark on The Atchafalaya Experience swamp tours get to experience those wetlands up close with a tour of the Atchafalaya, one of Louisiana’s largest river swamps. 38 species of birds, otter, deer, mink, and beaver are just some of the wildlife that you may see on this boat tour, led by a skilled father-son team with many combined years of experience.
The groups are kept small enough that everyone has a chance to ask questions and get a personal tour of the area, and the sturdy boats are fully stocked with safety equipment so you can feel secure and enjoy getting to know this wild part of Louisiana’s heritage. Tours leave twice a day; call ahead for reservations or to ask about private or custom excursions.(-) Close
338 N Sterling Street
Lafayette, Louisiana 70501
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lafayette, LA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lafayette, LA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lafayette, LA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lafayette, LA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.