- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Reifenstein Castle (Castel Tasso)
Expert Review of Reifenstein Castle (Castel Tasso)
Family Review of Reifenstein Castle (Castel Tasso)
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Like everything in this region, the castle has a Germanic and Italian name, not surprising as the South Tyrol was part of Austria until the end of World War I. Most residents speak German first, signs are in both languages, and villages and buildings are distinctly Alpine. Though Italy makes us think more Roman ruins than castles, there are many castles here in various stages of wear.
- Reifenstein Castle in the town of Vipiteno/Sterzing about an hour south of Innsbruck is arguably the best-preserved original Medieval castle anywhere. Built in 1170, it helped guard a critical route over the Alps.
- Kids will like the armour, coat of arms, and original knights' sleeping quarters. If knights got any sleep in the cramped, comfortless quarters it's hard to imagine; no wonder they were always picking fights. Tours are conducted with little English, however.
Parking: Guided tours July to Sept 9:30 am, 10:30 am, 2 pm & 3 pm
Price: Adults 5 euros, Children 4 euros, under 6 free
Telephone Number: 0472 765879
Price Information: Adults 5 euros, Children 4 euros, under 6 free
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Vipiteno, Italy Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Vipiteno, Italy
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Vipiteno, Italy Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Vipiteno, Italy
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.