- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Durbar Square, Patan
Expert Review of Durbar Square, Patan
Family Review of Durbar Square, Patan
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- If you think all of these temples are overloading your children's senses, visit Nepal's only zoo, in Patan. Standards don't always match up to those of the West.
- Patan is known for its skilled metal workers, making it a good place to buy the type of statues that you will have seen on sale in Kathmandu.
This ancient Buddhist city wows visitors with its mass of temples and monasteries, and the most striking example of Newari architecture (characterized by a network of courtyards, squares, intricate carvings, and majestic residences) found anywhere (+) More
This ancient Buddhist city wows visitors with its mass of temples and monasteries, and the most striking example of Newari architecture (characterized by a network of courtyards, squares, intricate carvings, and majestic residences) found anywhere in Nepal. Patan's Durbar Square—a place that encapsulates the artistic and sacred spirit of Nepal—is another of the seven sights that spurred UNESCO to list the Kathmandu Valley as a World Heritage Site. The imposing ancient royal palace extends across the eastern side of the square. Today, part of the complex houses the Patan Museum, where kids and big kids are impressed by the ornate collection of gilt-copper and cast-bronze statues of Hindu and Buddhist deities. This former residential palace overlooks one of the most beautiful squares in Asia. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Lalitpur, Nepal Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Lalitpur, Nepal
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Lalitpur, Nepal Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Lalitpur, Nepal
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.