- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Dunn's River Falls
Expert Review of Dunn's River Falls
Romance Review of Dunn's River Falls
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Dunn's River Falls graces the cover of many a tourist brochure, and crowds can be daunting—especially mid-morning when the cruise-ship guests check in for the climb. Instead, come in the afternoon, when the heat of the day is at its peak (perfect for splashing about) and day trippers have headed back to the ship. Admission runs until 4 p.m.
- There's a more private section of Dunn's River Falls that is overlooked by 99 percent of visitors. Head up from the parking lot (at the top of the maintained section) on the obvious path to the right and you'll come to an unmaintained (i.e. slippery) series of waterfalls that provide a semblance of the tranquility that the island's first inhabitants might have enjoyed here.
- Bring water shoes to make the climb easier, and be sure to carry a waterproof camera.
Yes, it's a touristy cliché, but a visit to Dunn's River Falls is one of Jamaica's deservedly signature attractions—a graceful cascade of fresh water that tumbles over travertine terraces and down to a beautiful white-sand beach. The (+) More
Yes, it's a touristy cliché, but a visit to Dunn's River Falls is one of Jamaica's deservedly signature attractions—a graceful cascade of fresh water that tumbles over travertine terraces and down to a beautiful white-sand beach. The classic approach begins at the bottom, where snorkel gear is available for exploring the nearby reef. Then there's a slow but steady climb through the falls, the lush forest overhead allowing evanescent shafts of light to illuminate the scene. (-) Close
Family Review of Dunn's River Falls
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Arrive in the afternoon to avoid the hordes, but not too late to do the tour.
- Be prepared for pushy vendors.
- A guide leads as you and your fellow climbers link hands and make your way up the slippery rocks.
Parking: Daily 8:30am-4pm
Price: Admission US$15 (£7.50)
Telephone Number: 876/974-2857
Transportation: From the center of Ocho Rios, head west along Rte. A3
Price Information: Admission US$15 (£7.50)
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Ocho Rios, Jamaica Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Ocho Rios, Jamaica Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Ocho Rios, Jamaica
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.