- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Blue Mountains
Expert Review of Blue Mountains
Parks and Outdoors Review of Blue Mountains
Parks and OutdoorsExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- The cool, misty forest of the Blue and John Crow Mountains National Park stretches across 196,000 acres (79,321 hectares) of the eastern portion of Jamaica for 28 miles (45 kilometers).
- Blue Mountain Peak is the highest point in the park at 7,402 feet (2,256 meters). Allow about five hours to hike to the summit.
- Coffee from the Blue Mountains is recognized as some of the best in the world. The flavorful beans grow at an altitude of 2,000 to 5,000 feet (609 to 1,524 meters) in extraordinarily rich soil.
More than 20 marked trails crisscross through the national park, with conditions suitable for all hiking levels. Coffee plantations are tucked into the dogwood and cedar trees that grow at lower elevations, and a stunted montane rain forest covers (+) More
More than 20 marked trails crisscross through the national park, with conditions suitable for all hiking levels. Coffee plantations are tucked into the dogwood and cedar trees that grow at lower elevations, and a stunted montane rain forest covers the higher slopes. Several routes lead into the national park, with most designated trails leaving from the main visitor center at Holywell Recreational Park. Explore the forest with a self-guided driving tour of the park, or schedule a hiking tour, jeep safari, or downhill mountain-bike ride with one of the local tour companies. (-) Close
Telephone Number: 876-974-7075 (Blue Mountain Bicycle Tours)
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Mona, Jamaica Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Mona, Jamaica
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Mona, Jamaica Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Mona, Jamaica
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.