- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Railway Trail
Expert Review of Railway Trail
Romance Review of Railway Trail
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Another superb trail navigates the beaches along South Shore Park. Start at the Fairmont Southampton and wend your way east past Horseshoe Bay and through rock outcrops that shelter small pools of water.
- As you explore the island, keep an eye out for Bermuda's famous moongates. Inspired by a similar Chinese design, these round stone arches are thought to grant good fortune to couples who make a wish as they pass hand-in-hand through the portal.
- Bicycles—usually called "pushbikes" here—are another way to experience the Railway Trail. Rent them at Eve's Cycles in Paget.
Bermuda is a wonderful walking destination, especially arm-in-arm along the famous Railway Trail, the route of the passenger and freight trains that coursed from one end of the island to the other for a period of just 17 years, ending in 1948. (+) More
Bermuda is a wonderful walking destination, especially arm-in-arm along the famous Railway Trail, the route of the passenger and freight trains that coursed from one end of the island to the other for a period of just 17 years, ending in 1948. Eighteen miles (of the original 22) create a linear park—closed to motorized vehicles—that passes through superb scenery and bird-watching areas. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Hamilton, Bermuda Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Hamilton, Bermuda
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Hamilton, Bermuda Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Hamilton, Bermuda
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.