- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Villa Borghese
Expert Review of Villa Borghese
Family Review of Villa Borghese
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- This is Rome's largest park, 1,700 acres of shady paths, lawns, gardens, statues, a small lake, and several museums. Escape the sightseeing crowds and lines for awhile and join local families relaxing here. If you get hungry, there are some cafes, but better yet bring a picnic like the locals do.
- What to do: Rent bikes (bring I.D.), scooters, or row boats. Ride the little train. Check out the temple on the island, and Teatro dei Burattini San Carlino puppet theater. On the north end of the park is Bioparco, Rome's zoo (there is a charge).
- One of the excellent museums is Galleria Borghese, of interest to older kids who appreciate art (and perhaps nudity). You'll see works by Raphael, Caravaggio, and Bernini in this important and dazzling collection.
Telephone Number: +39 6 48 8991 (Tourist Information)
Fax: +39 6 481 9316 (Tourism Board)
Transportation: Flaminio e Spagna
Neighborhood: Centro Storico
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Vatican City, Holy See Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Vatican City, Holy See
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Vatican City, Holy See Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Vatican City, Holy See
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.