- Be the first to Review
Your rating for St. John
Expert Review of St. John
Romance Review of St. John
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Get the most out of your day trip by bringing a day pack. Snorkel gear borrowed from your St. Thomas resort is handy, but you can rent gear from Cruz Bay Watersports or Low Key Watersports, both located close to the ferry dock on St. John.
- An easy and romantic hike for day trippers is the trail that leads from Cruz Bay, where the ferry docks, over a hillside with fine vistas and down to Salomon Beach, an isolated cove generously shaded by sea grape and maho trees. Pack a picnic from the Starfish Market, a deli in Cruz Bay, or amble past Salomon over to the famed Caneel Bay Resort for lunch.
- The 2.5-mile Reef Bay Hike is guided by park rangers several times a week; the trail descends from an elevation of 1,100 feet and winds down through a canyon, past plantation ruins, to a secluded beach—the boat transfer back to civilization is $21. Reservations: 340-776-6201 ext. 238.
St. John is the smallest in size of the three main U.S. Virgins but the biggest in terms of natural beauty. Almost two-thirds of this well-protected Caribbean jewel is part of Virgin Islands National Park. Great swaths of the island remain pristine, (+) More
St. John is the smallest in size of the three main U.S. Virgins but the biggest in terms of natural beauty. Almost two-thirds of this well-protected Caribbean jewel is part of Virgin Islands National Park. Great swaths of the island remain pristine, postcard-perfect beaches line the north shore, and snorkeling on unspoiled reefs is superb. The only access is via ferry from St. Thomas, just two miles west. Stop by the park's visitor center in the port town of Cruz Bay to find out what scheduled activities will take place during your visit—they might include guided snorkeling trips or history talks. There are 22 marked trails detailed on the free park trail guide—combined they offer a variety of short jaunts to secluded bays and mountain vistas. (-) Close
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in St. John, U.S. Virgin Islands
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.