- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Stanley Park
Expert Review of Stanley Park
Romance Review of Stanley Park
RomanceExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Stop at Denman Street's veritable United Nations of ethnic take-out restaurants or pizzerias for a picnic to go. Then walk along the seawall to secluded Third Beach in the park, lay down a blanket, and watch the sunset together.
- There's no better or more romantic way to experience this serene park than via a bicycle built for two. Rent a tandem from Spokes Bicycle Rentals at the entrance to the park—or mountain bikes if fitness is your shared pleasure—and pedal the pathways together.
- Whether by foot or bike, allow time to meander along the 6.2 miles of path and seawall encircling the park.
It is one of the great urban parks, 1,000 acres of forest with 150-year-old trees, gardens, beaches, and pathways. Sculptures and monuments recall Vancouver and Canadian history, while Native artwork stands as testament to the importance of First (+) More
It is one of the great urban parks, 1,000 acres of forest with 150-year-old trees, gardens, beaches, and pathways. Sculptures and monuments recall Vancouver and Canadian history, while Native artwork stands as testament to the importance of First Nations culture. Fast or fine cuisine is served at four restaurants and a collection of concession stands, and depending on the season, gardens bloom with roses, rhododendrons, magnolias, and azaleas. The Lost Lagoon has a sweet romance about it, as does Shakespeare Garden, and long, shady stretches on some 16 miles of forest trails provide quiet refuge. You cannot visit Vancouver without seeing Stanley Park. (-) Close
Family Review of Stanley Park
FamilyExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- Rent bikes and tour around the park.
- Don't miss: The Children's Farmyard, the Miniature Train, horsedrawn carriage rides, or the kids' Traffic School.
- Vancouver Aquarium is in Stanley Park.
Vancouver, British Columbia
Vancouver, British Columbia
Parking: Park does not close
Price: Free admission; charge for individual attractions. Parking: entire day C$5 (US$4.25/£2.25) summer, C$3 (US$2.50/£1.35) winter
Telephone Number: 604/257-8400
Transportation: Bus: 23, 35, or 135; free "Around the Park" shuttle bus circles the park at 15-min. intervals June 13-Sept 23 (visitors can get off and on at 14 points of interest)
Price Information: Free admission; charge for individual attractions. Parking: entire day C$5 (US$4.25/£2.25) summer, C$3 (US$2.50/£1.35) winter
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- North Vancouver, BC Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in North Vancouver, BC
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on North Vancouver, BC Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in North Vancouver, BC
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.