- Be the first to Review
Your rating for Willapa Bay Water Trail
Expert Review of Willapa Bay Water Trail
Beach Review of Willapa Bay Water Trail
BeachExpert Tips & Helpful Hints
- There are many boat ramps and access points for the Willapa Bay Water Trail. Among them are Ilwaco Marina in the Port of Ilwaco, Chinook County Park, and the Leadbetter Point National Wildlife Refuge.
- The trail offers spectacular views of sandy beaches, dunes, and coastal forests.
- When boating on Willapa Bay or its tributary rivers, it's very important to be aware of the tides. The Bay is largely tide flats, and miscalculating could land you on the tide flats far from land. Once the tide dips below five feet, boaters should head to shore.
Willapa Bay is a favorite with kayakers. Among the most popular areas for kayaking is the south end of the Bay. The route is part of a 57-mile-long trail project called the Willapa Hills State Trail, and stretches more than five miles along the Willapa River and Ellis Slough.
The details, dates, and prices mentioned here were accurate at the time of publication.
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Ilwaco, WA Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Ilwaco, WA
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Ilwaco, WA Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Ilwaco, WA
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.