This hike begins by cutting through a deep woodland along a gradual ascent that becomes steeper closer to the terminus at Long Trail / Monroe Skyline Segment. From the Long Trail, General Stark is just .4 mile north but the climb is steep. Beyond the General the trail makes a sharp descent to Appalachian Gap. From the junction, if you turn right you can access Glen Ellen Lodge via a small spur trail to the east. This mountainside shelter offers spectacular sunrise views. Heading farther south, is Mt. Ellen at 4,083 feet, Cutts Peak 4,020 feet and several more peaks before reaching Battell Shelter and the Lincoln Gap parking area.
Directions: From South Starksboro, VT, Travel north on SR 17 about a mile. Turn right onto Jerusalem Road. At .8 mile, turn left onto Jim Dwire Road. The trailhead is about .5 mile on the right.
Elevation: 3,700 feet
Elevation Gain: 2,500 feet
- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Jerusalem Trail
Active and Adventure Review of Jerusalem Trail
- The nearby Huntington River offers opporunitites for whitewater paddling.
- Summer is the most popular season, and fall is the most scenic. Spring is mud season, and early summer has blackflies.
Green Mountain National Forest, Vermont
Review by Wildernet Copyright © 2010 Wildernet.com all rights reserved.
- Ludlow, VT Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Ludlow, VT
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Ludlow, VT Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Ludlow, VT
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.