- Be the first to Review
Expert Review of Fort Ticonderoga
Family Review of Fort Ticonderoga
- The fort is 90-percent handicap- and stroller-accessible, including elevators to get you from one level to another.
- An on-site restaurant offers lunch, or you can bring in food to eat in the shaded picnic area. Food is not allowed inside the fort or museum, and you'll be expected to carry your own trash out.
Set on Lake Champlain, the fort offers beautiful views, lovingly-restored buildings and over 1,000 18th-century weapons on display, including muskets, bayonets, and swords, as well as a collection of military uniforms.
The King's Garden, recreating the estate's Colonial Revival garden of 1921, is a destination in itself, offering a children's garden, restored greenhouse, and military garden.(-) Close
Parks and Outdoors Review of Fort Ticonderoga
- Explore this national historic landmark that was an important part of the French and Indian War as well as the Revolutionary War. You can interact with costumed interpreters and tour beautiful gardens.
- During the warm season, you can enjoy special events such as the Revolutionary War encampment and seminars on area history.
- Take guided tours or do your own tour of the grounds and museum. The museum has a permanent collection of everything from cannons to artifacts from Native Indian cultures, as well as rotating exhibits.
Active and Adventure Review of Fort Ticonderoga
- In addition to the museum and exhibits, there are gardens for wandering and walking.
On Lake Champlain
Ticonderoga, New York
Review by Away Copyright © 2010 Away.com all rights reserved.
- Mount Snow, VT Hotel Prices Made Easy
Orbitz.com - Just Orbitz and go!
- Hotel Deals in Mount Snow, VT
Expedia.com - Don't just travel. Travel right!
- Book Now with Cheap Tickets and Save on Mount Snow, VT Hotels!
CheapTickets.com - Just click. You're there.
- Find the best rates for hotels in Mount Snow, VT
Kayak.com - Life's a trip.